Piemonte is synonymous with great wines and boasts a rich historic background and unique attractions for the wise traveler. From the mighty Alps towering over its elegant capital Turin, to the rolling hills of vineyards and the spectacular Lake Maggiore with its island-villas. The scenery will scroll in front of…
- Trip Outline
Piemonte is synonymous with great wines and boasts a rich historic background and unique attractions for the wise traveler. From the mighty Alps towering over its elegant capital Turin, to the rolling hills of vineyards and the spectacular Lake Maggiore with its island-villas. The scenery will scroll in front of your eyes like a movie. Countless UNESCO World Heritage sites will satisfy your historic and artistic appetite, during a unique journey to the heart of Italian excellence and hands-on meetings of many signature products of Italian cuisine.
• UNESCO world heritage sites included: Royal residences of Turin, Barolo & Barbaresco “Langhe” landscapes and wineries
• Outdoor activities (optional, upon agreement with participants and subject to meteorological conditions): light hike across wine hills and castles in Barolo and Lake Maggiore
• Barolo and Barbaresco are among the flagships of Italian red wine excellence, and the modern sparkling wines are even born here in Monferrato. Learn the traditional techniques and taste the fruit of the winemaker’s work through an itinerant “master class” with hospitable and friendly wine-makers
Gourmet Tour Package including daily guiding and tasting experiences
6 lunches or equivalent
4 dinners or equivalent
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Barolo
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Stresa
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Otranto
- Flights to and from Europe
- Tips for Tour Guides and Drivers
- Travel Insurance
- 2 evening meals (daytime tastings and other activities make these very ‘optional’)
Flights are not included in our tours. You will need to get yourself to the starting point for the tour. We suggest checking the website of your favorite airline or comparing flight options on Skyscanner.net.
Certainly! We can prepare an itinerary for your extension that includes time on either end of your small group tour in any number of wonderful Italian and other European cities. Just let us know how many days you have and where you'd like to go, We can also take care of getting you to the start point of the tour.
If you are already in Italy, we can arrange for you to be picked up anywhere along the route between the arrival airport and the first overnight destination at no extra cost, depending on timing. If you would like us to make other transportation arrangements for you an extra cost would be incurred.
We can arrange for a drop-off anywhere along the route to the departure airport at no additional cost or for an additional fee, a transfer/transportation to anywhere else you would like to get to.
We have run these tours for a number of years now and have found from experience that on some days, especially when there is a tasting experience later on in the day, people don't have much room for dinner after these wonderful feasts. To avoid force-feeding our guests (that's a French thing, and they only do it to geese) we have left out a couple of evening meals. These coincide with a stay somewhere where it is easy to get a snack or smaller meal, so you won't go hungry. It also gives you an evening off from the rest of the group, and your guide.
Yes, subject to availability of rooms, we welcome solo travelers on our trips. The single supplement varies from trip to trip, please contact us for further details.
We can arrange a private version of any of our itineraries, subject to availability. We can even customize the content. Please contact us for pricing.
Although all our present calendar of tours is led exclusively by Daniele, we have two support staff based in Italy in addition to over 20 customer support staff throughout Central & Eastern Europe. If you extend your trip, for that segment you will be taken care of by the highly experienced JayWay team and your tours and transfers will be provided by our tried & tested local partners throughout Europe.