An insider’s gourmet tour of Tuscany and Cinque Terre to discover the rich wine and food culture through our exclusive “Master Classes” and tasting sessions. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of lesser-known Lucca, and relax with scenic landscapes of rolling hills dotted by picturesque villages. As well as Tuscany you’ll be…
- Trip Outline
An insider’s gourmet tour of Tuscany and Cinque Terre to discover the rich wine and food culture through our exclusive “Master Classes” and tasting sessions. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of lesser-known Lucca, and relax with scenic landscapes of rolling hills dotted by picturesque villages. As well as Tuscany you’ll be exploring the paths and tastes of the stunning Cinque Terre national park and splendid Porto Venere, including opportunities for sailing activities. A unique journey to the heart of Italian excellence and a hands‐on meeting of many signature products of Italian cuisine.
This tour starts and finishes at Florence or Pisa airport
- Unesco world heritage sites included: medieval and renaissance historic centers, Lucca Pisa, Porto Venere and Cinque Terre
- Go beyond Pisa's famous tower on a street food tour of the historic city
- Outdoor activities (optional, upon agreement with participants and subject to meteorological conditions): light hike across wine hills in Tuscany or “Via Francigena”, sailing & fishing in Cinque Terre and Porto Venere, off-road excursion to the Carrara marble quarries
- “Heroic agriculture” is the appellation given to the spectacular terraces cut into the seaside cliffs, so unique that is deserved the UNESCO world heritage status: your guide will introduce you about more than thousand years of history of wine growing in the Cinque Terre, the dry stone walls and the people, the splendid landscapes with a beautiful hike off the „beaten tracks“ completed by a wine cellar tasting.
- From the mussel farm to the table: discover the secrets of traditional mussel-farming and to taste a delicious dish with fresh harvested seafood. The Gulf of La Spezia the ideal place for mussel cultivation and a lovely spot for a leisurely boat ride. You can actively participate at the harvest of mussels, then the mollusc farmers will cook for you a delicious dish of spaghetti and ‘muscoli’ on board paired with local wine.
- Gourmet Tour Package, tasting experiences
- 6 breakfasts
- 6 lunches or equivalent
- 4 dinners or equivalent
- Transport throughout
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- 6 Nights Accommodation at a variety of farmstays and wine estates
- Flights to and from Europe
- Tips for Tour Guides and Drivers
- Travel Insurance
- 2 evening meals (daytime tastings and other activities make these very ‘optional’)
Flights are not included in our tours. You will need to get yourself to the starting point for the tour. We suggest checking the website of your favorite airline or comparing flight options on Skyscanner.net.
Certainly! We can prepare an itinerary for your extension that includes time on either end of your small group tour in any number of wonderful Italian and other European cities. Just let us know how many days you have and where you'd like to go, We can also take care of getting you to the start point of the tour.
If you are already in Italy, we can arrange for you to be picked up anywhere along the route between the arrival airport and the first overnight destination at no extra cost, depending on timing. If you would like us to make other transportation arrangements for you an extra cost would be incurred.
We can arrange for a drop-off anywhere along the route to the departure airport at no additional cost or for an additional fee, a transfer/transportation to anywhere else you would like to get to.
We have run these tours for a number of years now and have found from experience that on some days, especially when there is a tasting experience later on in the day, people don't have much room for dinner after these wonderful feasts. To avoid force-feeding our guests (that's a French thing, and they only do it to geese) we have left out a couple of evening meals. These coincide with a stay somewhere where it is easy to get a snack or smaller meal, so you won't go hungry. It also gives you an evening off from the rest of the group, and your guide.
Yes, subject to availability of rooms, we welcome solo travelers on our trips. The single supplement varies from trip to trip, please contact us for further details.
We can arrange a private version of any of our itineraries, subject to availability. We can even customize the content. Please contact us for pricing.
Although all our present calendar of tours is led exclusively by Daniele, we have two support staff based in Italy in addition to over 20 customer support staff throughout Central & Eastern Europe. If you extend your trip, for that segment you will be taken care of by the highly experienced JayWay team and your tours and transfers will be provided by our tried & tested local partners throughout Europe.