An insider’s gourmet tour of Tuscany and coastal Lazio to discover the rich wine and food culture through our exclusive “Master Classes” and tasting sessions. Enjoy the unique atmospheres of Florence and Siena, and relax with scenic landscapes of rolling hills. The Tuscan countryside is dotted with picturesque villages like…
- Trip Outline
An insider’s gourmet tour of Tuscany and coastal Lazio to discover the rich wine and food culture through our exclusive “Master Classes” and tasting sessions. Enjoy the unique atmospheres of Florence and Siena, and relax with scenic landscapes of rolling hills. The Tuscan countryside is dotted with picturesque villages like Montalcino and San Gimignano, a “medieval Manhattan”. This unique journey to the heart of Italian excellence provides for a hands‐on meeting of many signature products of Italian gastronomy, from Brunello di Montalcino to unforgettable pasta dishes, cheeses and hams. Tuscany isn’t just one wine region, but several, and we will introduce you to some on this trip. But this is much more than just a wine tasting tour…
- UNESCO world heritage sites included: Orvieto, San Gimignano, Pienza medieval and renaissance historic centers, Val D’Orcia landscape and wineries
- Outdoor activities (optional, upon agreement with participants and subject to meteorological conditions): light hike across wine hills and castles in Chianti or “Via Francigena” , truffle hunt with dogs and professional hunters
- “Super Tuscans” together with Brunello di Montalcino, Barolo and Amarone, are among the flagships of Italian red wine excellence. You will have the unique chance to create your very own Super Tuscan in a wine-blending lesson by an expert sommelier in an historic winery famous as well for their Brunello di Montalcino, and bring home a customised labelled bottle.
- “Dogs or pigs?” Is one of the many questions you might ask in a truffle hunt. An exciting and informative outdoor experience searching for the elusive king of international gastronomy with an experienced hunter and his … you will see which animal when you join us!
- Live like Tuscan nobility with a stay on a Tuscan wine estate with its own olive groves from which they produce their own extra virgin olive oil.
- The fun of making your own traditional cheese “cacio” and “ricotta” in an informative hands-on workshop at an organic sheep farm in the quiet countryside between Rome and the seaside
- Taste fresh fish directly by the local fishermen cooperative, preserving the ancient, environmentally-respectful techniques in the scenic natural park of Laguna di Orbetello and the spectacular Monte Argentario with its mighty Spanish fortresses and lush Mediterranean bush
The itinerary starts and finishes at Rome Fiumicino Airport. For private groups the start and end point are of your choosing. Each day has full day program to ensure you are making the very most of your time but if you would like to take it easier we can always make adjustments.
Rome to TuscanyDepart Rome in the morning. Lunch in Orvieto and visit of the Duomo di Orvieto. Arrival at wine estate for dinner. Meals included: L, D
Val d'Orcia and MontalcinoVisit of Brunello winery in Montalcino for tasting and lunch. Super Tuscan wine blending class. Dinner at a wine estate. Meals included: B, L, D
Truffle Hunting and Cooking ClassAn expert local truffle hunter and his dogs will show you how these edible gems are found. Afterwards a cooking class inspired by your finds culminating in a classic Tuscan lunch. Free time from late afternoon. Meals included: B, L
Chianti Classico and San GimignanoVisit of a Chianti Classico winery near Castellina in Chianti, the heart of wine country. Visit to the historic wine cellars followed by a tasting lunch with wine pairings in a palazzo restaurant. Afternoon visit to San Gimignano, the 'medieval Manhattan'. There you'll be able to taste the local speciality, Italy's first DOC white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Dinner will be at a renowned grill restaurant in Asciano for a Fiorentina to die for. Meals included: B, L , D
Tuscany to MontefiasconeDeparting Tuscany the group can choose one of three possible stops: a short guided tour of Siena, Castiglione del Lago or Civita di Bagnoreggio where we will have lunch. In the afternoon a visit to the winery famous for the Est Est Est wine including a tasting with snacks. Dinner optional at the hotel. Meals included: B, L, D
Cheesemaking and Orbetello lagoon visitMorning visit to an award-winning family run organic farm for a hands-on cheesemaking class. Lunch at a fishermans' cooperative on the Orbetello lagoon. Afternoon visit to Monte Argentario fortress. Evening 'cheese feast' dinner back at the farm featuring the farm's pride pecorino cheese. Meals included: B, L, D
Return to RomeDepending on departure times either a direct transfer to Rome (city center or airport) or with a stop in Civita di Bagnoreggio. Meals included: B
- Gourmet Tour Package, tasting experiences
- 6 breakfasts
- 6 lunches or equivalent
- 4 dinners or equivalent
- 4 Nights Accommodation at a winery estate in the Siena Hills.
- 2 Nights Accommodation at a boutique hotel on Lake Bolsena
- Flights to and from Europe
- Tips for Tour Guides and Drivers
- Travel Insurance
- 2 evening meals (daytime tastings and other activities make these very ‘optional’)