Enjoy the sumptuous seafood & wine delicacies of the Puglia, a true gem of the Mediterranean, and discover its stunning Unesco-heritage historic attractions and wonderful beaches. From the conical houses of Alberobello to the baroque wonders and Roman ruins of Lecce and Otranto, every day guarantees discoveries and emotions, with…
- Trip Outline
Enjoy the sumptuous seafood & wine delicacies of the Puglia, a true gem of the Mediterranean, and discover its stunning Unesco-heritage historic attractions and wonderful beaches. From the conical houses of Alberobello to the baroque wonders and Roman ruins of Lecce and Otranto, every day guarantees discoveries and emotions, with plenty of possibility for beach relax and sailing activities. Including hands-on meetings with winemakers and even making your own mozzarella and burrata.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites included: Trulli of Alberobello
- Outdoor activities (optional, upon agreement with participants and subject to meteorological conditions): cycling tour of historic olive trees plantations and fortified farmhouses in Monopoli, sailing excursion to Polignano a Mare, visit of Castellana caves
- “Burrata aka when mozzarella goes to paradise “. Learn how to make traditional cheese like the deliciously creamy burrata and stracciatella in a fun and informative hands-on workshop at an organic farm, where cows get massaged and relaxing spa-like treatment to get the best milk you will ever taste.
Gourmet Tour Package including daily guiding and tasting experiences
6 lunches or equivalent
4 dinners or equivalent
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Monopoli
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Otranto
- Flights to and from Europe
- Tips for Tour Guides and Drivers
- Travel Insurance
- 2 evening meals (daytime tastings and other activities make these very ‘optional’)
Flights are not included in our tours. You will need to get yourself to the starting point for the tour. We suggest checking the website of your favorite airline or comparing flight options on Skyscanner.net.
Certainly! We can prepare an itinerary for your extension that includes time on either end of your small group tour in any number of wonderful Italian and other European cities. Just let us know how many days you have and where you'd like to go, We can also take care of getting you to the start point of the tour.
If you are already in Italy, we can arrange for you to be picked up anywhere along the route between the arrival airport and the first overnight destination at no extra cost, depending on timing. If you would like us to make other transportation arrangements for you an extra cost would be incurred.
We can arrange for a drop-off anywhere along the route to the departure airport at no additional cost or for an additional fee, a transfer/transportation to anywhere else you would like to get to.
We have run these tours for a number of years now and have found from experience that on some days, especially when there is a tasting experience later on in the day, people don't have much room for dinner after these wonderful feasts. To avoid force-feeding our guests (that's a French thing, and they only do it to geese) we have left out a couple of evening meals. These coincide with a stay somewhere where it is easy to get a snack or smaller meal, so you won't go hungry. It also gives you an evening off from the rest of the group, and your guide.
Yes, subject to availability of rooms, we welcome solo travelers on our trips. The single supplement varies from trip to trip, please contact us for further details.
We can arrange a private version of any of our itineraries, subject to availability. We can even customize the content. Please contact us for pricing.
Although all our present calendar of tours is led exclusively by Daniele, we have two support staff based in Italy in addition to over 20 customer support staff throughout Central & Eastern Europe. If you extend your trip, for that segment you will be taken care of by the highly experienced JayWay team and your tours and transfers will be provided by our tried & tested local partners throughout Europe.